IIt’s been raining all morning today as well as the last two days. In addition it's been cool outside, good soggy fall weather. It really makes me want to cuddle up with hot mulled cider and a small kitten to catch up on blog reading. :-) If you’re feeling the same way, here are a few of my favorite blogs you should go visit.
For gorgeous nature photos, check out Nick's Nature Pics-- A Field Naturalist's Photo Journal.
For thorough and fascinating wildflower profiles as well as tales of raising rabbits and homesteading, check out Bluetooth Hollow.
For amazing close-up photos and natural histories of bugs in the U.K., check out BugBlog.
While you're reading and admiring these fabulous blogs, why not indulge in your favorite comfort food? Here are a few of my favorite easy meals or snacks for a chilly rainy day, that actually aren't all that bad for you (bonus!)--
1. I like to microwave a mug of cider with a cinnamon stick in it, for instant mulled cider.
2. Air-popped popcorn is really good drizzled with olive oil and dusted with plenty of Cajun spice and a bit of salt.
3. Cheesy grits with a dash of hot sauce and more Cajun spice.
4. Stew that's been simmering all day in my slow cooker.
5. Fresh warm homemade bread with butter. Here's my favorite bread recipe, for the bread machine no less! Can't be much easier than that.
Stay warm, all.